Friday, September 30, 2011

A Taste of Bavaria in Oktober!


September 23rd
Started our Munich tour at the original Hofbräuhaus where we walked inside to see a similar seen of the atmosphere in the tents of Oktoberfest.
Afterward we walked to the Residence in Munich; a place that at one point housed Bavarian royalty for many generations. Grabbing bulky audio devices from the coat check to guide Bettina and I on a tour, we wandered through the countless rooms, each very elaborate almost to the point of exhaustion for our eyes. I loved all the grandeur; the grotesque statue/fountain of Medusa’s beheading, and countless rooms with marble flooring that created perfect setting for pictures to be taken. The only thing that I wished I could have changed about it was the length of time the audio tours took for each room.




Walking around the English Garden, we passed by some surfers that were urban surfing on a river. Crowds formed at the bridge and river banks to catch a peek of these dare devils that are surfing on really narrow areas.
At the English Garden one of the first things Bettina and I saw in the vast open fields were these pink naked old men. Luckily it was from the distance, but I had to just laugh, day one of my trip we saw a similar scene though instead of being nude, they were in g strings and speedos. I guess these old red men really are confident about their bodies, or something of the sort. 



We also walked over to see the 'Walking Man' though Bettina and I are still trying to figure out why it is there in the first place, it is a pretty cool statue that is absolutely huge!!!!!


Before heading out to meet some friends of Bettina’s at Oktoberfest I got and email from Ashley, who somehow managed to get a room in the dorms; and sending a similar email to the same person who helped Ashley, my accommodation application suddenly had a housing offer for me!!!!!! I shall not have to live on the streets my first night!!!! YES!!!! Jumping with excitement, I told Bettina’s mom, “Ich habe ein Zimmer fur Uni!!!!!!” 
At night Bettina and I joined Bettina’s friend, Micky, and his friends to Oktoberfest. This time it was dark out, and the whole festival seemed to have changed scenes. There were far more drunk people stumbling about on the filthy streets, filthier than before, and the lights of the rides were amazing as they brightened and colored the night sky.
We went on this one ride that turns you about while spinning around and rotating 360 degrees like a ferris wheel… in other words moving like a really thorough blender through the night. Before the ride had started, Bettina was looking down to make sure her shoes wouldn’t fall and unfortunately got a little stuck when the safety clamp came down on her, luckily the guy in charge of the ride was there to assist her! 

After that ride we went on the ride where it spins and the floor lowers and you stick to the walls, eventually sliding down little by little till the end of the ride. Bettina immediately went down two feet when the ride began. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t slide down what so ever and when the ride stopped, like a scene from a cartoon; I dropped like a rock about 6 feet maybe even more!






We also partook in bumper cars and other rides; it was such a splendid evening!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment