Monday, September 26, 2011

Day Trip to Oktoberfest


September 22nd
This morning started out with a call to the Southampton Accommodations Service hotline, finding out that so far it looks like I will not have a dorm when I get there and will have to figure out housing some other way. Bit stressed out by that since I leave for England on Sunday, but this too shall pass- right? Or I shall be homeless for the beginning of my Southampton experience.
Around noon Bettina and I dressed up in our dirndls and headed our way to Oktoberfest where we wandered by all the fair activity and took a peak at one of the Biergartens to see people linked arm in arm standing on the tables and singing to live music. It was really quite a sight to see, but we didn’t stick around and decided to go see the Bavaria statue instead.
Turns out that you can climb inside of the Bavaria statue, at a cost of 2.50€, so Bettina and I did just that. I never climbed in a statue before, so it was a new experience for the both of us. As we reached the top, it was very warm inside; I guess you could say that the Bavaria statue is a bit of a hot head. 







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time in Germany! I'm glad you got to see the Octoberfest too! :)

    I'm looking forward to hear more about your adventure in England now!

    ReplyDelete