Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Deutsch Museum and the Angel of Peace


September 14th
Woke up when it was still dark outside filled with energy… kind of experiencing the opposite of jetlag… I guess I am a bit of a fan. Started the day with a bunch of rain, perfect conditions for exploring the Deutsch Museum! The Deutsch Museum had everything from airplanes to physics to ceramics to oceanography! Then we walked along the gorgeous Isar River, taking pictures along the way. Eventually we stumbled upon the ‘Angel of Peace’, which I must say was one of my favorite sites so far! Standing high on her pillar, the golden angel watches over the water fountain and Isar River below. One thing I have noticed about Munich, is that there is a lot of graffiti within the city- some of them are really good too! Though I think it is a bit of a shame seeing a few of the beautiful old buildings covered in it.  Coming back home, Bettina and I were pretty tuckered out. My camera’s dead battery and 716 pictures are proof that we had a very good productive day!
Bettina’s mom and I are still trying to communicate; I think we had more success today than the previous days, though it is still a work in progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment