Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Week of Summer Solitude

30th of June

This week the majority of my friends I made this year are off to Falmouth for a third year course requirement for those majoring in oceanography or marine biology; and my friends that are still around Southampton are tied up with studying for life changing exams or have work - which gives me the perfect amount of time to get things done and ready for France next week and ultimately get ready for the big move home to Sammamish.

Yesterday I managed to finally get a ticket home, which I will be flying back on the 29th of July.

Since Rich and everyone left around Tuesday, I have been an exercise-oholic and going for many walks. I discovered an aerobics class at the gym through my friend, Hannah, where the instructor has such a fast pace class you end up practically hobbling your way back home after each session. I feel absolutely marvelous with all my happy endorphins!

Today I learned a very important lesson that will stick with me for the rest of my life:

Do-it yourself bikini waxing is never a good idea.

Ah well hopefully the bruising goes down by the time I am sporting my bikini on the beaches in southern France next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment