Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ich bin eine Berlinerin!?!


March 26th
Yesterday we had a BBQ at our place with Sami. It was so much fun, but so smoky since we bought the charcoal brickettes much to Rich’s and Alec’s chagrin. Afterwards we watched Anchorman and Sami slept over.
This morning I got up at 7:30am after a restless sleep bothered from worrying that I have no idea where I am meeting Marc at within the airport nor do I have his cell phone number! Ahhh!!! Currently I am sitting at platform 2 in Southampton Central train station waiting for my 11:33am train to Gatwick airport. Nervous & excited!


SO MUCH SMOKE!!!!!

27 März
First day in Berlin! This morning I slept in till around 9am though I did wake up slightly earlier despite the one hour time difference Germany has from the UK. Marc and I had a cereal that he hadn’t tried before called <<Vitalis knusper Plus>>. It tasted like I was hving dessert for breakfast, really yummy like a granola cereal version of a s’more. It’s kind of funny coming over at this time as Marc has only actually lived in his apartment for a week. The kitchen is still quite bare, as the fridge and pantry is stocked with apples, bread, Vitalis (cereal that I had earlier), Nutella, cheese, and milk- but that’s about it.
Since Marc is busy away studying for an exam, Tanja has been taking me around today. She picked me up around 11:45am to go swimming. The pool was so gorgeous and huge!!! She got me in for a student price and we swam over 30 laps in the Olympic size pool (one lap ~ one length of the pool). I was impressed that I lasted that long despite me being slower than Tanja, I managed to keep up in the number of laps.
After our showers I went to take a picture of the amazing pool to show my mom and after the second photo I was told off by a lifeguard in German as I replied <<Entschuldigung>> (“sorry”) and ran off. Later Tanja treated me to a delicious pastry and chai latte from a bakery called, ‘Steinecke’. It was lovely as the sun decided to come out while we were swimming so we were able to enjoy our goodies outside. The woman at the bakery was so nice because when Tanja returned the dishes, the woman asked if it was good. Tanja replied something along the lines of ‘yes, even the American liked it’ and the woman saide that she saw the two of us taking pictures with the food and thought it was cute.
So far according to Tanja, all of Marc and her friends know that I am here in Berlin, and she kept getting calls from friends and they would also ask her what she did with me today. After a two hour break from activites, Tanja took me to the Kino where we watched an English film Best Exotic Marigold Hotel with her friend Ebby. The film was fabulous and well worth the 7.50€ it cost to go in. Afterwards when Ebby and I were waiting for Tanja in the lobby, I went up to Ebby and started giving my opinion on one of the trailers that we had seen before the movie had started. I turned to look at her and realised that it wasn’t Ebby and that besides height the girl looked nothing like her!! Embarrassed I went over to Ebby (yes I checked and it wasn’t another stranger) and put my head on her shoulder as the three of us shared a good laugh. The buses had stopped running by the time Tanja and I got off the train so we walked the rest of the way- which was nice as we were sitting for most of the evening. On our walk we calculated that since each lap we swam was 50m, then we had swum over 1500m! That is over 1.5 km!! Darn we’re good! 

Picture I got in trouble for, but so worth it!




Ebby and Tanja

Ebby, Tanja, and I




No comments:

Post a Comment