Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dzień Dobry Polska!!!!


29 März
Today we took a day trip to Polska (Poland) to a town called Szczecin. Marc got lost in the city trying to find port. We went around the city in the same route approximately two times where we saw a Chuck Norris Billboard. We also noticed that there wasn’t really a distinction between where the trolley/train ran and where the cars run. In fact the trains stop in the middle of the street, in the middle lane, open their doors as people jump in and out expecting cars of the other lane to stop. We ended up in the restaurant Marc wanted to go to called, the Colorado, around 3pm. The restaurant was in the style of ‘The Wild West in America’ with wooden Indian statues with red, white, and blue lines painted under their eyes. I searched the menu for anything Polish, but couldn’t really find anything. At the end of lunch, Marc treated us and I learned that you knock on the table to show gratification (when Dennis and Luke started knocking on the table I became quite confused). After lunch we ran across the highway to walk by the water, there wasn’t really a set plan of where to go, so I decided to take charge and lead us back across the highway to some buildings that had neat architecture. I was so happy that I did prompt us in that direction because I led us to the nice side of town. We went by the academy of music where all sorts of instruments poured their melodies into the streets from the nearby windows. Then I took us to a swing which I enjoyed and then a Catholic cathedral. The cathedral was massive and slightly under construction. Inside the confession box there was an actual pastor inside. Unfortunately I don’t speak Polish and I doubt that he spoke much or any English. We left after a while and eventually got back to the car where we started our trip back. This time however with no GPS as the battery had died. We managed getting back in less time than it took for us to get there.  



At the Colorado






  
Chuck Norris on the Billboard?!


No comments:

Post a Comment