Friday, November 18, 2011

"Thanks for the Ride!"


November 16, 2011

Today I got the U1C to the NOC. Running late to class, I was in a bit of a hurry getting off the bus and I said what I always say to bus drivers: “Thanks for the ride!” and I was a bit shocked to hear this bus driver’s response “you’ll get more than that next time”. Goodness- I think I am going to start just saying thank you, at least to that particular bus driver.
In the evening, I went to a hillwalking social that was located at The Mitre, a pub I have been meaning to go to since day one (it just looks like what comes to mind when you think of an English pub- well at least for me!). While I was there, I played a game of pool with one of my friends in the club. The reaction on his face was priceless when I sunk three balls in on my first turn. After a neck and neck game he ended up winning, but when we rejoined the table he told everyone how decent I was. To be honest, I never thought I would fare so well against an Englishman in a game of pool, but I guess I got a reputation now- cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment