Friday, November 18, 2011

Saturday Excursion in Chichester


November 12th

Today I woke up early to go hillwalking in Chichester, a 50 minute train ride from Southampton. On our walk we stumbled upon the most curious things. During the first half of the walk we came across a farm that had reindeer! Later we found a park where I couldn’t resist going on the ‘zipline’ from one wooden structure to the next. 

Arriving to the top of a hill in Chichester, we took some time for a proper lunch break with a great view of a horse racing track and autumn trees. John, James, and Tom climbed a post and were hoping to fit as many people on top of the structure, but it ended up just being the three of them. 

On the way back we kind of went off the beaten track and accidentally crashed a cross country race where we discovered that the path we wanted to take was not open to public. Walking back to the main road we tried finding another trail resulting in walking a few kilometers along a busy road which was a bit nerve wracking, especially when many of the drivers didn’t give us much space. 

Once we were back on a trail we took earlier that day, we saw normal deer and finally ended up at a tea shop where I had cream tea (absolutely scrumptious!). I was so excited about how the jam for my scone came in a mini jar- it was so cute!!! I ended up taking the jar home with me and it has been quite useful for my lunches (allowing for me to enjoy bread and jelly without having my bread soggy- brilliant!) 



Horse Racing Course

Lunch Break

Crashing a Cross Country meet

Roadside Hiking... I think I prefer a trail

CREAM TEA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment