Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sötsaker och Svensk Fika!


December 23, 2011
Weird dreams last night.
Started the day waking up ten minutes before my alarm this morning which was set for 9am, perfect! Now I have an hour to get ready before breakfast. Shortly afterwards, Cecilia knocked on my door to see if my clock was set properly because it was really 10am. Well at least I got to catch up on sleep!
Breakfast was bread with butter, ham, and beetroot salad on top. I also tried ‘hard bread’ (like a thin cracker stick) with a liver pate spread. We also had some pickles with it too! Might seem strange but I definitely think I inherited taste buds from my Swedish ancestors- just the right amount of salty and savory.
Cecilia, Carl, and I then went off to the mall to get two gifts for Carl’s cousins. On the cobblestone streets I was shocked to see a 7/11 amongst the nice shops.
Off on the road again we went to Cecilia’s sister’s house. There we made a bunch of really scrumptious sweets for tomorrow!
Took a walk through Cecilia’s old neighborhood, was able to see Carl and her old school as well as both of her houses from her childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment