Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!!!


December 25, 2011
Breakfast today was composed of yesterday’s leftovers- Yum!! After our meal we went to return a camera lens that Cecilia had gotten Carl that wasn’t quite the right type. Surprisingly at the store we first went to it was practically a desert, but the second store that we went to for the correct camera lens the store was a zoo.
We spent the majority of the afternoon with Cecilia and Carl showing me their University and downtown Lund. It was so gorgeous! Walking down the streets where every building was of an old charm we came across the cathedral that their wedding ceremony will take place. It was amazing! So big and so beautiful, their wedding will be so gorgeous!
The architecture of their school buildings made me want to study abroad in Sweden for next year- if only! There were so many stories and tidbits Carl was able to tell me about the campus, near the end we passed by Cecilia’s building and then Carl’s. It sounds like the partying scene at their school is in between the intensity at UW and Southampton, in other words it sounds just right.
The cold got to us eventually so we went on the quest for an open coffee shop. On Christmas day, this turned out to be quite a task but eventually we found one, and I emphasize on one, ‘espresso house’ that was open. Inside we got hot chocolate and warmed up.
Afterwards we met up with Carl’s friend and the friend’s daughter at a park where we headed off to the friend’s parent’s house. It was lovely. We had bread (with cheese and other toppings) and coffee, soda, or juice. The friend’s daughter was almost two and was so cute; she kept grabbing my hand and leading me throughout the house.
Eventually we headed back to Cecilia’s mother’s house where we had dinner and played a rousing game of scrabble.
I even was able to get ahold of my relatives in Sweden on the phone. I have never met them, and the relative I talked to after a while eventually asked “and who is your parent?” or something along those lines which meant like ‘and how are you related to me?’ Luckily once I mentioned my mom’s name, it turned out that they figured out they knew my grandparents and even sent a Christmas card to them this year… then he went to say, “oh I have heard all about you”. I hope that’s in the good sense. I am so excited I booked train tickets to see them in Göteborg on the 27th.
Merry Christmas!













No comments:

Post a Comment