Friday, October 7, 2011

Bus Drivers

October 7th

There is something peculiar about the bus drivers of the two story buses here. Today was particularly bad, as I sat in the front of the bus on the second story. The bus’s motion made me feel like I was on the R/V Thompson on a rough day at sea. I saw students crossing the street on the cross walk leaping out of the way as the bus honked and sped past them through a red light. If they hadn't gotten out of the way they would have been hit! Wanting to get some groceries done I headed down the stairs to get off. I guess the bus did not stop quite yet and once I was down the stairs I was thrown into some poor 12 year old boy who was nearby. I said sorry multiple times as I tried to regain footing with not too much success as I was being tossed about.  I don’t know what it is about the bus drivers here… but man they drive crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment